how we work.
we've collectively spent years operating in environments high in stress, churn, and uncertainty, and from those experiences have developed a passion for agile methodologies that embrace change instead of fighting it. our goal is to offer our clients the flexibility to build the software their business requires, the ability to respond quickly to changing market demands, and the high quality product of a mature and experienced development team.
what we offer
we're not just another group of developers. we want to understand your business. we want to understand what it is that is going to make you money. what are your risks, blockers, opportunities, and market advantages? we're here to build you a viable, releasable product you can take to customers, investors, and shareholders. we're here to help guide your project from idea to a sustainable business. whether you need a full build of a web application, mobile application, social application or purely architecture, infrastructure or optimization, we can help. we bring with us extensive knowledge and years of experience working with clients from small businesses to global multi-national brands.
- we offer custom development, technical consulting, and on-demand cto services
- we operate on a "brain rental" model and charge straight time-and-materials for all work
- our rate is $155 per hour per developer with a minimum billing increment of 1/2 hour
- our minimum engagement length is just two weeks
- we collect two weeks' "rent" upfront as a deposit, and bill actual hours biweekly
- you can cancel at any time for any reason without penalties or hurt feelings
- we cap our billable time at 40 hours per week, per developer.
we understand that your priorities, budgets, and needs may change over the course of an engagement. If you’re looking to staff up an internal team to take over development, we can help you evaluate candidates, hire, and transition to that team. Need more or fewer developers? We can easily ramp up or down on a per-iteration basis.
interested in what we have to offer? give us a ring or drop us a line. coffee, lunch, or a beer - let’s chat and figure out if there’s common ground and an opportunity to make some magic happen. even if the match doesn't quite work out for a project, we’re always happy to make an introduction or even just shoot the breeze.
we believe in.
- Transparent and open client relationships
- Software development as a creative process
- Short feedback cycles
- Continuously releasable software
- Small cross-functional teams
- Sustainable working schedules
- Test-driven development
- Paired programming
- Continuous reflection and improvement